OUR CONTACT DETAILS
CHAIR MENTORS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
81 King’s Road, London, England SW3 4NX
SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice relates to the employee data we collect and process. It applies to all employees, ex-employees, agency staff, contractors, and interns. However the information we will process about you will vary depending on your specific role and personal circumstances.
THE TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the following information to carry out the contract we have with you:
- Personal identifiers and contact details (for example, name, address, personal email addresses, phone numbers);
- Your date of birth, gender, and NI number;
- A copy of your passport or similar photographic identification and / or proof of address documents;
- Employment and education history including your qualifications, job application, employment references and right to work information.
HOW WE GET THE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHY WE HAVE IT
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you to allow us to establish employment / contracting services.
We also receive personal information from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- From an employment agency;
- From referees, either external or internal;
- From Pension administrators and other government departments, for example tax details from HMRC.
We use the information that you have given us to:
- Provide you access to business services required for your role;
- Manage our human resources processes including for payment of your salary, pension and other employment related benefits;
- For the administration of statutory and contractual leave entitlements such as holiday or maternity leave;
- To assess your performance, to conduct pay reviews and to deal with any employer / employee related disputes. We also use it to meet the training and development needs required for your role;
- Information relating to your performance at work eg probation reviews;
- Grievance and dignity at work matters and investigations to which you may be a party or witness;
- Disciplinary records and documentation related to any investigations, warnings issued.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We mainly process personal data under 6(1)(b) to fulfil our obligation to you. We may process under (c) where the need arises.
- Article 6(1)(b) which relates to processing necessary for the performance of a contract;
- Article 6(1)(c) so we can comply with our legal obligations as your employer.
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your information is securely stored in the following locations:
- On our email system;
- On our internal systems.
We keep all the personal information noted above for seven years following the completion of your employee / consultant contract. We will then dispose your information by either removing it from our system or by anonymising it.
In some circumstances, such as under a court order, we are legally obliged to share information. We may also share information about you with third parties including government agencies and external auditors. For example, we may share information about you with HMRC for the purpose of collecting tax and national insurance contributions. We will also share your data with Green and Purple, the provider of CMi payroll services and Nest, the pension provider.
If you leave, or are thinking of leaving, we may be asked by your new or prospective employers to provide a reference. For example we may be asked to confirm the dates of your employment or your job role. If you are still employed by us at the time the request for a reference is received we will discuss this with you before providing this.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have rights according to the reason we process your data. These could include:
Your right of access
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification
You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing
You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability
You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: www.ico.org.uk.