Thomas (Tom) Glocer
Major Career Roles:
- Lead Independent Director of Merck & Co Inc
- Lead Independent Director of Morgan Stanley
- CEO of Thomson Reuters Corp and its predecessor Reuters Group
Other Career Highlights:
- Strategic Advisor to Z-Work Acquisition Corp
- Director of AdFin Solutions Inc
- Director of the Council on Foreign Relations
- Director of the New York City Investment Fund LLC
- Advisory Council Member to Oxford Analytica Ltd
- Advisory Board Member of Afiniti Inc
- Advisory Board Member of Oration Inc.
- Strategic Advisor to Cinchcast Inc
- Advisor to the Singapore Monetary Authority
- Member of the International Business Council of the World Economic Forum
- Member of the New York City Partnership Member of Business in the Community (London)
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Judge Institute of Management at Cambridge University
- Member of the International Advisory Board of British American Business Inc.
Tom Glocer has a wealth of professional experience from positions in the media, investment management, pharmaceuticals, financial services, and cyber defence sectors.
Tom is Lead Independent Director of Merck & Co Inc and Morgan Stanley. He is Executive Chair and Co-Founder of BlueVoyant LLC, a cyber defence company, and FinTech company Capitolis Inc. He is also Chair of Istari Global Ltd., a cyber risk management platform, a Partner in Communitas Capital LLC, a FinTech-focused venture capital fund, and the Founder and Managing Partner of Angelic Ventures, LP, a family office that invests in technology start-ups.
Tom is also an Independent Board Member of Publicis Groupe SA, a Director of K2 Integrity Holdings Inc, a Trustee of the Cleveland Clinic, a Director of the Atlantic Council of the USA and an Advisor to Taktile GmbH. He is also on the Board of Governors of the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
From 1993 to 2011, Tom worked at Reuters Group plc and its successor company, Thomson Reuters Corp., where he served as CEO for 11 years at the news and professional information provider. Prior to Reuters, Tom was an M&A lawyer at Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York, Paris and Tokyo.