Major Career Roles:
- Chair, Fortune Brands Innovations Inc.
- Chair, Shire plc
- Senior Independent Director, Diageo
- Senior Independent Non-Executive Director, BHP Group plc
- Regional Chair, Credit Suisse Group AG
- Non-Executive Director, Unilever
Other Career Highlights:
- Senior Independent Non-Executive Director, Signature Aviation plc
- Advisory Board member, Yale School of Management
- Non-Executive Director, Goldman Sachs International
- Independent Director, Coca-Cola HBC AG
- Independent Director and AuditCo Chair, Keurig Green Mountain Inc.
- International Chair, Competitor Diversity Forum
- Advisory Board member, Gordon A. Rich Foundation
- Advisory Board member, Diligent Institute
- Senior Adviser, Credit Suisse Group AG
- Non-Executive Director and RemCo Chair, L’Occitane International SA
Susan Kilsby has a wealth of professional Board experience from positions in the finance, aviation, consumer goods, retail, mining and pharmaceuticals sectors.
Susan is Independent Chair of Fortune Brands Innovations Inc. and Senior Independent Non-Executive Director and Remunerations Committee Chair at Diageo plc. She is a Non-Executive Director at Unilever plc, the UK’s National Health Service (NHS England) and the UK’s Takeover Panel. She is also Senior Industry Adviser to Star Mountain Capital LLC and an Advisory Board member of Diligent Institute.
Susan is also a Trustee of Wellesley College in the US and a Senior Visiting Fellow of Bayes Business School, London, where she is Chair of the M&A Research Centre.
Susan joined the First Boston Corp., a predecessor company of Credit Suisse, in 1980, working in the Mergers and Acquisitions Group in New York until 1992. She later moved to London as Head of Credit Suisse’s European Consumer, Retail & Services group in Investment Banking, and from 2002 until 2007 was Head of Mergers & Acquisitions and Strategic Advisory for EMEA and later Chair, prior to being named a Senior Adviser.
From 2009 to 2014, Susan was a Senior Adviser to Credit Suisse where she focused on senior-level coverage of global corporations. In 2007, Susan was recognised by both Forbes and Financial News as one of the Top Ten Women in Finance, and was again recognised by Financial News each year from 2008 to 2011. From 2010 to 2013, she was Chair of the international region of C200, an organisation composed of leading women in business globally, and was a founding member of the Competitor Diversity Forum in London.