Sir Peter Bonfield CBE, FREng
Major Career Roles:
- Founding Chair, NXP Semiconductors NV
- CEO, BT plc
- Chair and Chief Executive, ICL plc
- Independent Director & Audit Committee Chair, TSMC
- Independent Director, Sony Group Corp.
- Senior Independent Director, AstraZeneca plc
- Independent Director, Ericsson
Other Career Highlights:
- Chair, GlobalLogic Inc.
- Non-Executive Director, Mentor Graphics Advisory Board member, Citibank International Ltd
- Chair of Council and Senior Pro Chancellor, Loughborough University
- Non-Executive Director, Darktrace plc
- Member, EU-Japan Business Round Table
- Member, European Round Table Steering Group
- Deputy Chair, Fujitsu Services
- Deputy CEO, Standard Telephones & Cables Ltd
- Independent Non-Executive Director, UK Ministry of Justice and UK Department for Constitutional Affairs
- Director, BICC plc
Sir Peter Bonfield has more than 50 years’ experience in the international technology sector, leading businesses in the fields of electronics, computers and communications. His career started at Texas Instruments in the US. He has served on the Boards of some of the largest international technology companies including Sony, TSMC, BT, ICL and Ericsson, and has extensive experience working with private equity and the semiconductor sector. Change management in international technology companies characterises his work.
Sir Peter is an Independent Director and Audit Committee Chair of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd and a Non-Executive Director of Imagination Technologies Group Ltd and Darktrace plc. He is also on the Advisory Board of Longreach LLP in Hong Kong and Senior Adviser to Alix Partners in the UK. Previously, Sir Peter was Founding Chair of NXP Semiconductors NV, a world leader in automotive semi-conductors.
His career has included serving as Chair of software group GlobalLogic Inc., based in Silicon Valley.
He was on the Board of Mentor Graphics in the US, Ericsson in Sweden, Senior Independent Director of AstraZeneca, Vice President of the British Quality Foundation, Non-Executive Director of Dubai International Capital LLC, Actis Capital LLP, member of the Citigroup International Advisory Board, Adviser to Apax Partners LLP and Senior Adviser to Rothschild, G3 Good Governance Group and the Hampton Group. He is also a former Board member of the UK Department for Constitutional Affairs and the Ministry of Justice. In total, he has been a Board member of 12 publicly listed companies around the world.
Sir Peter was named a Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 1988, and subsequently knighted in 1996. In 1995 he was awarded the Mountbatten Medal for his extended contribution to the promotion of electronics or information technology and their application.