Major Career Roles:
- CEO and CFO, InterContinental Hotels Group plc
- Chair, Rentokil Initial plc
- Chair of the Board, Advisory Committee and Remuneration Committee, HBX Group
- Non-Executive Director and Chair of Audit Committee, Mandarin Oriental International Limited
- Non-Executive Director, Marks & Spencer plc
Other Career Highlights:
- Senior Independent Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Audit Committee, Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings plc
- Advisory Group member, McLaren Technology Group
- Board member, The University of Manchester
Richard Solomons has a comprehensive international career spanning both Executive and Non-Executive roles in the hospitality and wider corporate sectors.
Richard is Chair of Rentokil Initial plc, Chair of the Board, Advisory Committee, and Remuneration Committee at HBX Group (formerly Hotelbeds), and serves as a Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Audit Committee at Mandarin Oriental International Limited.
Richard was CEO of InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) plc from 2011 to 2017, and prior to this he was CFO from 2003. As CEO, Richard steered IHG to class leading global growth, with its principal brands of Holiday Inn, InterContinental and Crowne Plaza. Richard pioneered innovative customer segmentation, launched new brands, emphasised digital advancements, revamped the loyalty programme, and oversaw strategic acquisitions like Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants.
Previously, Richard was a member of the Board of Governors and Finance Committee at The University of Manchester, where he obtained his degree, he also acted as Senior Independent Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Audit Committee at Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings plc, and was a Director of Marks & Spencer plc. Additionally, his expertise extended to advisory positions at McLaren Technology Group and industry councils such as the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC).