Major Career Roles:
- Chair, Enel SpA
- CEO, ENI SpA
- Deputy Chair, Rothschild & Co.
- Deputy Chair, London Stock Exchange Group plc
- Chair, AC Milan football club
- CEO, Enel
- Group CEO, Pilkington plc
Other Career Highlights:
- Board member, Veolia Environnement SA
- Advisory Board member, Italian Council on Foreign Relations Inc. (CFR)
- Board member, Generali Assicurazioni SpA
- Board member, ABN Amro Holding NV
- Chair, Alliance Unichem plc
- Board member, BAE Systems plc
Paolo Scaroni has significant international experience from his executive and non-executive career, which encompasses multiple sectors including aerospace & defence, finance, construction & building materials, education, electricity, insurance, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals and utilities.
Paolo is Chair of Enel SpA, Chair of Giuliani SpA and Chair of AC Milan football club. Previously, Paolo was Deputy Chair of Rothschild & Co.
Paolo was CEO of ENI SpA, an Italian oil and gas company, considered one of the seven “supermajor” oil companies in the world. Prior to this, he was the CEO of Enel, one of the largest utilities internationally. Pilkington was the largest flat-glass producer in the world when he was Group CEO.
From 2000 to 2014 Paolo held a number of Non-Executive positions including Deputy Chair and Senior Independent Director at the London Stock Exchange Group plc, and Chair of Alliance UniChem plc. Paolo has also been a member of the Board of Generali Assicurazioni SpA, ABN AMRO NV, BAE Systems plc, Veolia and Alstom SA.