Major Career Roles:
- Chair of bp plc
- Chair of Novo Nordisk A/S
- CEO of BG Group plc
- President & CEO of Equinor (Statoil) ASA
- President & CEO Aker Kværner ASA
- Advisor to the Norwegian Conservative Party Parliamentary Group & Advisor to the former Norwegian PM Kåre Willoch
Other Career Highlights:
- Independent Director of Schlumberger Limited
- Independent Board Member of Nokia OYJ
- EVP and Deputy CEO of Aker RGI Holding ASA
- Various executive roles at Nycomed Pharma AS
- Management Consultant at McKinsey & Co Inc
Helge is a distinguished leader in the energy industry known for his open-minded and forward-looking approach. He has deep industry knowledge and global business experience of the energy, pharmaceuticals, engineering, construction, industry, and shipbuilding sectors. He is an experienced Chair of public companies across FTSE 100 and STOXX Europe 50.
Helge is Chair of bp plc, Chair of Novo Nordisk A/S, and serves as Operating Advisor to Clayton Dubilier & Rice LLP. He is a board member of Belron Group SA and P/F Tjaldur. He is also on the Board of Trustees of the International Crisis Group.
Prior to his Chief Executive roles at BG Group, Equinor and Aker Kvaerner, Helge held executive positions in Aker RGI ASA, an industrial holding company, and Hafslund Nycomed, an industrial group with business activities in pharmaceuticals and energy. He worked as Consultant for McKinsey & Company and has served as a Political Advisor for the parliamentary group of the Conservative party in Norway.