Major Career Roles:
- President and CEO of Equinor ASA (formerly Statoil)
- Chair of Strømberg Gruppen AS (Truck dealer and real estate)
- Chair of Vartdal Holding AS
- (EPS materials)
- Independent Director of Subsea 7 SA
- Board Member of Fjord Base Holding AS (Supply base for offshore)
- Chair of Advisory Board of Vard Group AS (Shipbuilding)
- Advisor to Nysnø Climate Investments
Other Career Highlights:
- Board Member of Strømberg Gruppen AS
Eldar Sætre is a skilled and knowledgeable senior leader with over 15 years of executive experience across the oil, gas and renewable energy companies.
Eldar Sætre was previously CEO of Equinor ASA (formerly Statoil), the largest oil and gas group on the Norwegian continental shelf and a major global energy company with presence in more than 30 countries. Currently, Eldar is Chair of Strømberg Gruppen AS, Vartdal Holding AS and a Non-Executive Director of Subsea 7 SA and Fjord Base Holding AS. Eldar is currently also Chair of the Advisory Board of Vard Group AS and advisor to Nysnø Climate Investments (owned by the Norwegian Government).
Eldar was appointed President and CEO of Statoil/Equinor in February 2015 (acting in the role from October 2014). He was instrumental in transforming Equinor into a broader energy company focused on low-carbon strategies and new-energy solutions.
Eldar joined Statoil in 1980 and held several management positions in the company, mainly in the fields of accounting and finance. He was Executive Vice President and CFO from October 2003 to December 2010, when he became Executive Vice President for Marketing, Processing and Renewable energy (MPR). In MPR, Eldar had responsibility for all downstream and marketing/trading, midstream and renewable-energy activities.