Chak-Kwong (Jack) So, GBM, GBS, OBE, JP
Major Career Roles:
- Chair, Airport Authority Hong Kong
- Independent Non-Executive Director, AIA Group Ltd
- Independent Non-Executive Director, China Resources Power Holdings Company Ltd
- Senior Adviser, Credit Suisse (Greater China)
Other Career Highlights:
- Adviser, Hong Kong and China Gas Company Ltd
- Independent Director, Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd
- Independent Director, HSBC
- Government Adviser, Beijing
- Deputy Chair, PCCW Ltd
- Chair, MTR Corporation Ltd
- Chair, HK Trade Development Council
Chak-Kwong (Jack) has 30+ years of international senior-leadership experience as Chair and CEO of public and private companies that have given him a multi-industry knowledge in stockbroking, banking and property development.
Jack assumed the Chairmanship of the Airport Authority Hong Kong in June 2015.
He served as Chair of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council from 2007 to 2015. He was Chair and Chief Executive of the Mass Transit Railway Corporation from 1995 to 2003 and Deputy Chair and Group Managing Director of Pacific Century Cyberworks Ltd from 2003 to 2007.
Jack is an Independent Non-Executive Director of AIA Group Ltd and China Resources Power Holdings Company Ltd. He was an Independent Director of HSBC from 2000 to 2007 and Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd from 2002 to 2015.
Jack was a member of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference from 2008 to 2018 and was an International Business Adviser to the Mayor of Beijing.