Baroness Sarah Hogg
Major Career Roles:
- Chair, 3I Group plc
- Senior Independent Director, plc Distributions Services plc
- Deputy Chair, GKN plc
- Chair, Global Smaller Companies Trust plc
Other Career Highlights:
- Governor, BBC
- Non-Executive Director, Carnival plc
- Non-Executive Director, Cadburys plc
- Non-Executive Director, Times Newspapers Ltd
- Lead Non-Executive Director, UK HM Treasury
- Non-Executive Director, John Lewis Partnership
- Non-Executive Director, Carnival Corp
Baroness Sarah Hogg has a vast wealth of experience accrued from over 25 years of international senior leadership experience. She has multi-industry knowledge in private equity, government, the regulators, leisure & hotels, media, energy, public-sector institutions, engineering, finance.
Sarah Hogg is currently a Senior Independent Non-Executive Director of Royal Mail plc.
Sarah Hogg was the founding Chair of Frontier Economics Ltd. In 2002, she became Chair of 3i Group plc, Europe’s largest listed private-equity company, where she stayed until 2010, when she took on the Chairship of the Financial Reporting Council.
Sarah Hogg has extensive experience of business, government and the media, having worked at the highest level in all 3 sectors. Notably she was the first woman to become Chair of a FTSE 100 company and has sat on 8 other FTSE 100 Boards.
She has previously served on the Boards of BG Group plc, GKN plc, the dual-listed company Carnival Corp. and Carnival plc, as well as Cadbury plc. She was an Independent Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Audit Committee at the John Lewis Partnership plc. She was also a Senior Independent Non-Executive Director of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and a member of the Takeover Panel (UK).