Major Career Roles:
- Chair, Rightmove plc
- Chair, Epidemic Sound AB
- Senior Independent Non-Executive Director, Marks & Spencer plc
- Chair and former CEO, Shazam Entertainment Ltd
- Advisory Board member, UK Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport
Other Career Highlights:
- Non-Executive Director, Moneysupermarket.com Group plc
- Non-Executive Director, Merlin Entertainments plc
- Chair, AI Future Tech
- European Managing Director, InfoSpace Inc.
- General Manager, Thomson Directories Ltd
- Various, RS Group (Electrocomponents) plc
Andrew Fisher has deep experience in developing digital businesses, and over the past 25 years has led the successful growth of a number of technology focused enterprises as CEO, Chair and Founder including FTSE 100 companies.
He is currently Chair of Rightmove plc and Epidemic Sound AB, and Senior Independent Non-Executive Director of Marks & Spencer plc.
In 1995, Andrew joined Thomson Directories as General Manager of Business Ventures where he participated in an £80m management buyout led by Advent and 3i. The business was subsequently sold to SEAT in 2000 for £460m.
From 2001, Andrew was European Managing Director of Nasdaq-listed InfoSpace Inc., where he led the company’s significant European growth focusing on media and commerce services for many leading online-service providers and mobile operators.
Andrew was appointed CEO of Shazam in March 2005 and became Executive Chair in 2013. During his tenure, he led the development and execution of a growth strategy to establish one of the world’s leading mobile consumer brands with over 1bn users. He restructured the company and diversified the business’s focus, gaining the support of some of the world’s pre-eminent venture-capital investors before selling the business to Apple in September 2018.
As a Non-Executive Director of Merlin Entertainments plc, Andrew was actively involved in the company’s sale to a private-equity consortium led by Blackstone and retired from the Board following the company’s delisting.