Major Career Roles:
- Chair UK Government Investments
- Senior Independent NED of Haleon plc
- Partner Clayton, Dubillier & Rice LLP
- Director Morrisons
- Non-Executive Director, The Economist
Other Career Highlights:
- President Unilever plc
- Chair of Exco Diversey
- Chair of Mauser Holding GmbH
- Chair of Kalle GmbH
- Senior Independent Director GSK plc
- Senior Independent Director Marks and Spencer plc
- NED of Thomson Reuters Ltd
- Director of B&M Retail plc
- Director of HRB Brands LLC
- Independent Director of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd
- Member of the Prime Minister’s Council on Trade & Industry
- NED of Confederation of British Industry
- Trustee of the Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Council Member of Saïd Business School, Oxford University
- Director of the Confederation of Indian Industry
- President of Global Foods, Home and Personal Care and Board Member of Unilever plc
Vindi Banga has a wealth of professional experience from Chair, CEO, Board roles in the B2C & B2B –in FMCG, ESG, Retail, Manufacturing, Services in Public markets and Private equity, Government, and Not-for-profit sectors. He has many years of commercial and international experience and a track record of delivering outstanding performance in highly competitive global consumer-focused businesses.
Vindi is Chair of UKGI (UK Government Investments) – the Governance & Corporate Finance arm of the UK Government. He is the Senior Independent Non-Executive Director of GSK spin-off Haleon plc, and a Non-Executive Director of the The Economist Group. A Partner at Clayton Dubilier & Rice LLC, the global private equity firm he is on the Board of their company Morrisons; and on the Board of Kedaara Capital Advisors LLP, their private equity partner in India. He is on the International Advisory Board Member of Hakluyt & Co.
Prior to this, Vindi spent 30 years with Unilever plc and became President Global Foods, Home and Personal Care, and a member of the Unilever Executive Board. While at Unilever, Vindi led ESG, and currently leads this at his private equity firm, Clayton Dubilier & Rice LLP. He has been Senior Independent Director of GSKplc & M&S plc and was on the Board of Thompson Reuters and Maruti ( Suzuki).
Vindi is also Chair of the palliative care charity, Marie Curie. He is on the Governing Board of the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, the Global Leadership Council of the Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, and was on the Board of Governors of the Indian Institute of Management (IIM).
Vindi is a Director of the Board of the International Chamber of Commerce (UK). He has been a Non-Executive Director of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI). He was a member of the UK India CEO Forum and the Prime Minister of India’s Council of Trade & Industry from 2004 to 2014.