Major Career Roles:
- Chair and CEO, First Eastern Investment Group
- Board member, Airbus SE
- Board member, Nomura Holdings Inc
- Council Chair, University College London
- Co-Chair, World Economic Forum International Business Council
Other Career Highlights:
- Board member, Zurich Insurance Group
- Director and Council member, Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Member, Hong Kong Takeovers and Mergers Panel
- Advisory Committee member, Securities and Futures Commission
Victor Chu has over 30 years of senior-leadership experience from working as Chair and CEO of various private and public companies. This experience has cultivated into a multi-industry knowledge in law, aviation, merchant banking, private equity and direct investments.
Victor is Chair and CEO of First Eastern Investment Group, a leading Hong Kong-based international investment firm, Chair of Council of University College London, and Board member of Airbus SE, Majid Al Futtaim Holding LLC and Nomura Holdings Inc.
Previously, Victor has served as Director and Council Member of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, as a member of the Hong Kong Takeovers and Mergers Panel and an Advisory Committee Member of the Securities and Futures Commission.
Victor was a Foundation Board member of the World Economic Forum from 2003 to 2015 and currently co-chairs the Forum’s International Business Council. He is Chair of the Hong Kong-USA Business Council, Chair Emeritus of the Hong Kong-Europe Business Council and a member of the Hong Kong-Japan Economic Cooperation Committee.
Victor received his early education in Hong Kong and England and practised law in the field of corporate, commercial and securities matters. He became a pioneer of private-equity investments in China and was Deputy Secretary-General of the International Bar Association (IBA) from 1995 to 2000.