Major Career Roles:
- Chair, National Grid plc
- Senior Independent Director, Non-Executive Director and RemCo Chair, BP plc
- Chair/President/CEO, AGL Resources Inc.
- Vice Chair and Chief Restructuring Officer, American International Group Inc.
- Chair/President/CEO, Safeco Corp.
Other Career Highlights:
- Non-Executive Director and RemCo Chair, BAE Systems plc
- Independent Director and Chair, Governance & Public Affairs Committee, General Electric Co
- Independent Director, CBRE Inc.
- Independent Director, TC Energy Corp.
- Independent Director and Chair, Audit Committee, Delta Air Lines Inc.
- Independent Director, Coca-Cola Enterprises
- Director, Anadarko Petroleum Corp.
- Chair, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center
- Chair, Cascade Public Media
Paula Reynolds has long experience leading global companies and has worked across multiple sectors, including aerospace and defence, financial services, diversified industrials, utilities, and oil and gas sectors.
Paula is Chair of National Grid plc, Senior Independent Director of BP plc, and an Independent Director of General Electric Co.
She is the former Chair, President and Chief Executive Officer of Safeco Corp., a Fortune 500 insurer that was acquired by Liberty Mutual Insurance Group in 2008. Upon the sale of Safeco, Paula served as Vice Chair and Chief Restructuring Officer at American International Group (AIG).
Before joining Safeco, Paula was an Executive in the energy industry. She served as Chair, President and Chief Executive Officer of AGL Resources, a Fortune 1000 Atlanta-based energy-services holding company that has subsequently been acquired by Southern Co.
Paula and her husband, Stephen P. Reynolds, are Principals in PreferWest LLC, a family investment office. They are also actively involved in musical theatre and co-produced “Come From Away”, a Tony and Olivier Award-winning musical that ran on Broadway and is touring worldwide, including in London’s West End.
Paula was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award by the US National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) in 2014. She has been involved in UK governance since 2011.