Major Career Roles:
- President and Chief Revenue Officer of Salesforce Inc
- CEO of BT Group plc
- Chair of Elixirr International plc
- Chair of Business in the Community
Other Career Highlights:
- MD Consumer then CEO, Retail of BT Group plc
- MD, Consumer of Virgin Media plc
- Marketing Director at Procter & Gamble Co
- NED of British Airways plc
- NED of EQT-backed Delta Fiber Nederland BV
- Trustee of British Museum
- Independent Director at Wix.com Ltd
Gavin Patterson has significant international senior leadership experience and has served on boards across public markets including FTSE100, private companies, private equity-owned and AIM-listed. He has worked across multiple sectors including airlines, business services, consumer products, software, technology, telecommunications and third sectors.
Gavin is Chair of AIM-listed Elixirr International plc and HRH King Charles’ charity Business in the Community. He is a Board member of the TPG/APAX-backed Fractal Analytics Inc and HIG Capital-backed Mobileum Inc. Gavin is also Independent Director at Wix.com Ltd.
Gavin also acts as an advisor to, and investor in, several tech start-ups, serves on the Governing Council of the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and is Chair of British American Business Inc.
As President and Chief Revenue Officer of Salesforce, Gavin was responsible for worldwide sales and distribution during a period when sales increased from $19b to $30b.
During his tenure as Chief Executive of BT, he completed the UK rollout of the superfast fibre and started the deployment of ultrafast fibre. He also led the £15bn acquisition of EE, launched BT Sport, expanded BT’s cybersecurity practice and championed BT’s social purpose agenda.