Dr Franz Humer
Major Career Roles:
- Chair, Roche Holding AG
- Chair, Diageo
- Chair, Neogene Therapeutics
- Chair, HMNC Holding Brain Health GmbH
- Independent Director Allogene Therapeutics
- Member, Board of Directors, Emil Frey Holdings (largest European car dealership)
Other Career Highlights:
- COO, Glaxo plc
- Board member, Allianz SE
- Vice Chair, Wisekey Intl Holding Ltd
- Senior Independent Non-Executive Director, Arix Bioscience plc
- Member, Board of Directors, Citigroup Inc. New York
- Independent Director, Kite Pharma Inc.
- Director, Chugai Pharmaceutical Company Ltd
- Independent Director, Zurich Insurance Group AG
- Chair, INSEAD
- Chair, Board of Directors of the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children
- Adviser, Breakthrough Properties (US)
Dr Franz Humer has over 30 years of international experience serving as Chair across FTSE 100, SMI and STOXX Europe 50 companies, giving him a vast wealth of multi-industry knowledge of pharmaceutical and biotech, and private- equity companies.
Franz was previously Chair of Roche Holding AG, Chair of Diageo and Neogene Therapeutics. He is currently Chair of HMNC Brain Health, Chair of the Board of Directors of the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children and Chair of the Humer Foundation and Chair of Kallyope Inc.
Professional experience from positions in the pharmaceuticals industry at, among others, Schering Plough Corp. and at Glaxo, where he was Managing Director of Glaxo Pharmaceuticals UK and a member of the Board of Glaxo Holdings plc. In 1995, he joined Hoffmann-La Roche as a member of its Board and the Head of its Pharmaceutical Division, progressing to become Chair and CEO in 2001, and between 2008 and 2014 the Chair of Roche Holding Ltd.
Franz was an Independent Director with Citigroup Inc., Chugai Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Japan), Arix Bioscience plc and Kite Pharma (biotech company in Los Angeles).
In addition to Franz’s Chair roles he is currently a Board Director of Allogene Therapeutics and Emil Frey Holdings, and an Adviser to Temasek Holdings, Letterone Healthcare, Target PharmaSolutions and Breakthrough Properties, as well as a number of start-up companies.