Charles Allen (Lord Allen of Kensington, CBE)
Major Career Roles:
- Group Chair, Balfour Beatty plc
- Chair, THG plc
- Chair, Global Media and Entertainment Ltd
- Peer, UK House of Lords
- Chair, Granada plc
- CEO and COO, Granada Group
- CEO, ITV plc
- Chief Adviser, UK Home Office
- Non-Executive Director, London Organising Committee, Olympic Games
- Chair, Invictus Games
Other Career Highlights:
- Joint Deputy Chair, Granada plc
- Chair, Manchester Commonwealth Games Ltd
- Chair, EMI Music Ltd
- Non-Executive Director, Tesco plc
- Non-Executive Director, Virgin Media plc
- Chair, Endemol BV
- Senior Adviser, Goldman Sachs Private Equity Group
- Chair, Boparan Holdings Ltd (2 Sisters Food Group)
- Chair, ISS A/S
- Chair, ITV Breakfast Broadcasting Ltd
Lord Allen is a highly experienced Chair and former Executive, with over 35 years’ senior-leadership experience in industries including hospitality, food production, media, retail, manufacturing, technology, leisure, gaming, B2B services, finance and infrastructure.
Lord Allen is Group Chair of Balfour Beatty plc, Chair of THG plc, Chair of Global Media & Entertainment which owns 7 of the largest radio stations in the UK, and Advisory Chair of Moelis & Co., a global independent investment bank. He is also a Peer of the UK House of Lords.
Previously, Lord Allen was Chair of ISS Holding A/S and 2 Sisters Food Group.
As a Senior Adviser to Goldman Sachs, he provided advice and support to the private-equity portfolio and to the banking business.
In 2003, Lord Allen was appointed CBE for services to the XVII Commonwealth Games. He was knighted in 2012 for services to the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics.