Charles Allen (Lord Allen of Kensington, CBE)
Major Career Roles:
- Group Chair of Balfour Beatty plc
- Chair of THG plc
- Chair of Global Media and Entertainment Ltd
- Peer of the UK House of Lords
- Chair of Granada plc
- CEO and COO of Granada Group
- CEO of ITV plc
- Chief Advisor to the UK Home Office
- NED of London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games
- Chair of the Invictus Games
Other Career Highlights:
- Joint Deputy Chair of Granada plc
- Chair of the Manchester Commonwealth Games Ltd
- Chair of EMI Music Ltd
- NED of Tesco plc
- NED of Virgin Media plc
- Chair of Endemol BV
- Senior Advisor to Goldman Sachs Private Equity Group
- Chair of Boparan Holdings Ltd (2 Sisters Food Group)
- Chair of ISS A/S
- Chair of ITV Breakfast Broadcasting Ltd
Lord Allen is a highly experienced Chair and former Executive, with over 35 years senior leadership experience in industries including hospitality, food production, media, retail, manufacturing, technology, leisure, gaming, B2B services, finance and infrastructure.
Lord Allen is Group Chair of Balfour Beatty plc, , Chair of THG plc, Chair of Global Media & Entertainment which owns 7 of the largest radio stations in the UK, and Advisory Chair of Moelis & Company, a global independent investment bank. He is also a Peer of the UK House of Lords Previously, Lord Allen was Chair of ISS Holding A/S and 2 Sisters Food Group Ltd.
As a Senior Advisor to Goldman Sachs, he provided advice and support to the private equity portfolio and to the banking business.
In 2003, Lord Allen was appointed CBE for services to the XVII Commonwealth Games. He was knighted in 2012 for services to the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics.