Major Career Roles:
- Deputy CEO of Schibsted ASA
- Managing Partner of McKinsey & Company, Norway
- Chair of Norwegian Broadcasting Corp
- Chair of Storebrand ASA
- Chair of ODA, XENETA, WG2 and other start/scale-ups
Other Career Highlights:
- Independent Chair of Statoil Fuel & Retail ASA
- Independent Chair of Hafslund ASA
- Board Member of Scandinavian Airlines systems (SAS)
- Chair of Verdens Gang AS, Aftenposten, Svenska Dagbladet, Aftonbladet
- Vice Chair of Aschehoug A/S
- Independent Board Member of Nera ASA
- Board Member of WeVideoInc
- Chair of bMenu AS
Birger Magnus has a broad professional experience covering emerging technologies, management consulting, private equity, energy, insurance, shipping, airlines, media and digital media, entertainment, and publishing.
Birger is Chair of the Norwegian Broadcasting Corp and Working Group Two AS – a JV between Cisco and Telenor offering new cloud-based software to the mobile telecoms sector. He is also Chair of Oda AS which delivers online groceries in Norway, Germany, and Finland, Chair of XENETA, which provides pricing information to the container shipping industry and he is a Board Member of Harvard Business Publishing.
Birger also chairs Holmenkollen Ski Festival, the charity, Active Against Cancer Foundation and Norsk Klimastiftelse.
His career has been centered on leading digital-transformation programs in sectors such as media, insurance, energy, and shipping, and he has hands-on experience of digital start-up and growth companies working with founders to scale and build sustainable companies.
During the 13 years Birger spent with Schibsted media group including as Deputy CEO, he led the digital-transformation that allowed Schibsted to expand beyond Norway and put it at the forefront of digital-media business models. The work became a Harvard Business School Case Study.
Before joining Schibsted, Birger was the Managing Partner of McKinsey & Company, Norway.