Val Gooding CBE
Major Career Roles:
- CEO, Bupa
- Chair, Aviva Insurance UK
- Senior Independent Non-Executive Director, Vodafone Group plc
Other Career Highlights:
- Chair, Premier Farnell plc
- Non-Executive Director, TUI AG
- Non-Executive Director, Standard Chartered Bank plc
- Non-Executive Director, J. Sainsbury plc
- Non-Executive Director, the BBC
- Non-Executive Director, Compass plc
- Non-Executive Director, BAA plc
- Non-Executive Director, Cable & Wireless Communications plc
- Non-Executive Director, the Lawn Tennis Association
- Deputy Chair, the British Museum
Val Gooding has over 25 years of international senior leadership experience from working as Chair and CEO of various private companies and has acquired multi-industry knowledge in the telecoms, insurance, aviation, and health sectors.
Val was formerly Senior Independent Non-Executive Director at Vodafone Group plc., CEO of Bupa, Chair of Premier Farnell plc, Chair of Aviva Insurance UK and a Non-Executive Director of TUI AG, Standard Chartered Bank plc, J. Sainsbury plc, the BBC, Compass plc, BAA plc, Cable & Wireless Communications plc, the Lawn Tennis Association and the Home Office. She was also Deputy Chair of the British Museum.
Val was also member of the Council of Warwick University, Chair of the Advisory Board of the Warwick Business School, and a Board Member of both the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) and Association of British Insurers. She was a Trustee of English National Ballet and Queen’s Trustee on the Board of Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew.
In her earlier career, Val held a number of senior positions at British Airways plc.