Major Career Roles:
- Chair of USSIM Ltd
- Chair of the John Lewis Partnership Pensions Trust Ltd
- Chair of St James’s Place plc
- Chair of the Association of Investment Companies
- Chair of Polar Capital Technology Trust plc
- Chair of JPMorgan American Investment Trust plc
- SID of Worldwide Healthcare Trust plc
- SID of Alliance Trust plc
- Joint Chief Investment Officer and Divisional CEO of Invesco UK
Other Career Highlights:
- Chair of Merian Global Investors Investment
- Chair of Baillie Gifford China Growth Trust plc (when it was Witan Pacific investment trust)
- Advisor to the Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCSE)
- Chair of the Investment Committee of the CRC (UK) Pension Fund
- Chair of Stena UK Pension Scheme
- NED and Audit Committee Chair of New India Investment Company
- SID and Audit Committee Chair of U and I Group plc
- Member of the UK Takeover Panel
- Head of UK Equities at Invesco Asset
- Management Ltd
- Head of Specialist Funds at Invesco Asset Management Ltd
Sarah Bates has over 40 years of experience in the investment and wealth management, pensions and charity sectors.
Sarah is Senior Independent Non-Executive Director of Worldwide Healthcare Trust plc and Alliance Trust plc. She is Chair of Universities Superannuation Scheme Investment Management Ltd and John Lewis Partnership Pensions Trust Ltd. She is also an Independent Member of the BBC Pension Fund Investment Committee, and a senior advisor to Lansons PR.
She has previously been Chair of St James’s Place plc, Polar Capital Technology Trust plc, Merian Global Investors, the Association of Investment Companies and of 6 other organisations including charities, a pension fund and investment companies.
In the charity world, Sarah has previously been Chair of the Kings Corner Project (a small youth charity), a Trustee of the Liver Group Charity, Chair of the Investment Panel at St Joseph’s Hospice and a lay advisor to the Royal College of Surgeons Investment Committee.
Sarah started her career as a retail analyst, then became a fund manager at Invesco Ltd and worked her way up to become Joint Chief Investment Officer and CEO of Invesco’s institutional business in the UK. She was also one of the co-founders of the Diversity Project, and set up the Diversity Project Charity, of which she was Chair.