Dr Hans Wijers
Major Career Roles:
- Chair, Supervisory Board of ING Group NV
- CEO and Executive Director, Akzo Nobel NV
- Chair, Supervisory Board of Heineken NV
- Deputy Chair, Royal Dutch Shell plc
- Independent Non-Executive Director, GSK plc
- Chair, AFC Ajax NV
Other Career Highlights:
- Senior Partner and Chair, Dutch office, Boston Consulting Group
- Member, Supervisory Board of Hal Holding NV
- Member, Temasek European Advisory Panel of Temasek Holdings (Private) Ltd
Dr Hans Wijers is an experienced Chair of AEX, BEL-20 Institutional, EURO STOXX 50 and Euronext 100 companies, with over 15 years of multi-industry knowledge in chemicals, oil and gas, beverages and banking. This list of accolades makes him an invaluable pool of information and experience.
Hans is a member of the Supervisory Board of Hal Holding NV and a member of the Temasek European Advisory Panel of Temasek Holdings (Private) Ltd.
Previously, Hans was CEO and Executive Director of Akzo Nobel NV. He was also Chair of the Supervisory Board of ING Group NV, Chair of the Supervisory Board of Heineken NV, Deputy Chair of Royal Dutch Shell plc, an Independent Non-Executive Director at GSK plc and Senior Partner and Chair of the Dutch office of the Boston Consulting Group.
Hans started his professional life as an Assistant Professor of Economics at the Erasmus University of Rotterdam, where he received a Ph.D. in Economics.
After a career in strategy consulting, he went on to serve as Minister for Economic Affairs in the Dutch government, a post he held for 4 years.
Hans has since put his education to good use by rising to the top of various fields, as Chair of the Supervisory Board of ING Group NV, Chair of the Supervisory Board of Heineken NV and Deputy Chair of Royal Dutch Shell plc. These roles, alongside the CEO position at Akzo Nobel NV, make Hans a highly experienced leader of private and public companies with years of experience on his side.