Major Career Roles:
- Chair, J. Sainsbury plc
- Chair, Domestic & General Group Ltd
- Chair, Hammerson plc
- Chair, Logica plc
- Chair, PZ Cussons plc (from March 2023)
- CFO, GUS plc
- CFO, Christie’s International plc and CEO of Christie’s Inc. (America)
Other Career Highlights:
- Chair, 3i Quoted Private Equity plc
- Chair, White Company Ltd
- Chair, JoJo Maman Bebe Ltd
- Chair, Hampstead Theatre Ltd
- Chair, Parker Review
- Non-Executive Director, Burberry plc
- Non-Executive Director, Experian plc
- Non-Executive Director, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
- Non-Executive Director, Rubix Ltd
- Non-Executive Director, Lewis Group (South Africa) Ltd
- Director, Finance of NatWest Investment Bank Ltd
David Tyler has extensive experience as Chair at a number of the UK’s largest and most well-known companies across the consumer, retail, business services and financial services sectors.
David is Chair of PZ Cussons plc, Domestic & General Group Ltd, JoJo Maman Bebe Ltd and Imagr Ltd. He also chairs the Parker Review on ethnic diversity in UK businesses.
In the past, he has chaired J. Sainsbury plc, Logica plc, Hammerson plc, the White Company Ltd and other businesses.
David learned his trade at Unilever for 11 years, after which he joined NatWest Investment Bank where he was Director of Finance. Following this, he was CFO of Christie’s, the leading art auctioneer, and the Chief Executive of its American business.
Thereafter he was the CFO of GUS plc, a conglomerate which owned Experian, Burberry, Argos and other companies. He took financial and strategic responsibility for the group through its major transformation over his decade there, which culminated in the demerger of the group into focused businesses.